Aloo Parathas and Tomato Soup

Yep, that's right - yummy Aloo Parathas.

I made Aloo Parathas and a tangy Tomato Soup for dinner today. Its been in my head for a long long time.

My Punjabi neighbour, came home on Sunday, with a plate laden with deliciously hot lip smacking Aloo Parathas, boondi raitha, and Cauliflower-Capscicum curry. That was inspiration enough to sweat it in the kitchem. The perfect opportunity presented itself today. I declined a visit to the temple with mom and her friend; instead I offered to cook dinner - Aloo Parathas and Tomato soup!

Mom was only too happy. I usually cook dinner on weekends and experiment with food. At the cost of sounding immodest, I must say that I have a knack for cooking and it comes through in the meals I serve.

For the stuffing, I mashed boiled potatoes with fried onions, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, garam masala, and salt.

For the soup, I used ripe tomatoes, soya sauce, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, and ginger juliennes.

Serve the Parathas, with a yummy spicy pickle and a dollop of butter.
For the soup, you top it with fried onions, or fried bread croutons just before you serve.

Needless to say, it kept my mom asking for more except that her tummy would not allow it!

Comments

Popular Posts