The Mountains Come Calling

I just returned from a 10 day trek to Uttarakand, the glorious land of the Himalayas, of pristine beauty, Nature's effortless charm hypnotizing every weary traveller who passes through her; 

To quote my favourite, Ruskin Bond:

"It is always the same with mountains. Once you have lived with them for any length of time, you belong to them. There is no escape."

Words could not have been truer. I loved Ruskin's Bond read, Rain in the Mountains: Notes from the Himalayas; he transported me to his world and I yearned to see the land he described with such passion, delight and warmth. 

Months later, when I made this trip, I felt his words coursing through my every being. It all adds up. My blog is aptly named ofmountainsandstreams. 

I am convinced that I am a child of the mountains. Maybe it will be my final resting place.

It rained in Chennai this morning and the weather was wonderfully cool, a needed respite from the scorching heat. I was immediately drawn to the memories of trudging through the lush greenery in the falling rain, huffing and puffing, while enjoying the landscape strewn with landslides and beautiful Himalayan blooms. 

Life and Death coexist. Love and Heartaches. Friends and Foes, all rolled into one epic journey of our lives.

We will never be the same again.

Make good art.


Comments

Popular Posts