Bucks Hardware, Centre City Philly

What would I have done if not for Bucks Hardware right near my place of work. I can be your terrible Aquarian absent minded professor. This time, however, the culprit was the key chain my uncle had gifted me when I visited him in D.C. The screw had come loose and there was no way to fix it unless I got a new key chain. 

Now that sounds easy, but it is not as easy as it sounds. It involves a lot of planning - looking up the train schedule, determining the closest walk to the store and catching the train back to your place of residence. It sounds like an awful lot of work after spending 8 hours in front of your laptop and boring into the screen till your eyes become bleary. So I kept postponing this little piece of work for as long as I could until I started losing my house keys. 

I could not have timed it better. My roomie was leaving for Virginia over the weekend and I lost my keys on Friday morning. I was frantic. I had borrowed the keys to make a duplicate, but did not know where to get them done. A few folks suggested Walmart and Home Depot, but the logistics did not work out until my good friend Matty from work, helped me out. He looked up Buck's Hardware, ran a print out of the directions from google maps and I was off on my way. It was only a 13 minute walk from Suburban, but since it was my first time wandering off into unknown streets, it took more time than google had predicted. The folks at Bucks finished my job in less than 2 minutes and the entire set cost me USD 5 only. The people were great to meet, the work was finished on time, and the quality of work was excellent. I was happy to have found them, even more happier that they were so close to where I work.  

I think I thanked them too soon.

After two months, I was back again getting a key done again. However, I was less hassled this time. I knew exactly where to go and how to get there. Bucks is also pretty well known in the area. Pretty much anyone on Race st can direct you to their famous store.

I am discovering more about Philly nowadays.

Comments

Popular Posts