Welcome Spring Time

Spring Day - The start of a beautiful month when the sun is making merry, as late as 6.00pm and the flowers have started to give out pretty pink blossoms.

It fills me with such great joy every time I step out into the warm morning for the ten minute walk to the train station to reach my work in Philly downtown. I deliberately take the short cut across the school grounds, lush with fresh green grass and tiny purple flowers. The fat squirrels climb up the trees as fast as their little legs can carry them when they hear my footsteps thudding across the lawns and the colourful birds chirp to warn the rest of the trespasser in their territory.

I am looking forward to my trip to DC later this week to see the Sakura in bloom. It is supposed to be one of the most visually enticing sight in Spring.

Last week, I had been to Princeton, NJ to see my best friend, Bharu, who had just started her first leg of the Carnatic tour. It was such delight catching up with her after a five-month break. I had stayed over at Bharu's hosts place who are from Karnataka. I hit it off with the
lady of the house, Sudha, who made my favourite Akki Roti for breakfast the next morning, served with fresh coconut and coriander chutney. The previous night, we all dined at Hoysala, renowned for its fresh produce and good buffet spread. On a late Sunday afternoon, we drove down with Devipriya, another childhood friend to Princeton downton and stopped by the river to chit chat, absorb the scenic charm and share a few good laughs.

What a memorable weekend affair it turned out to be. When you go with an open mind and let the day take its course, so much more unexpected surprises spring your way.

Comments

Popular Posts