A Special Diwali

Nov 8, 2007 turned out to be very special when I least expected it.
I attended Wendy's engagement. I was not sure whether I was even going to make it, but I was threatened with dire consequences if I did not show up. It was her birthday on the 7th. I showed up with the day's first set of beautiful yellow flowers to mark the event and sat down to a good hearty breakfast with her entire family, relatively unknown faces of relatives included. I am now popularly known as the second daughter who turns up only for breafast.

I had a fallout with a friend of mine and I thought Diwali might be a good time to rekindle the friendship. I called for a ride to the engemt venue and he promptly showed up. Now that's what a good friend is all about.
My best friend of 15 yrs whom I haven't seen in a long time invited me over to her place. What fun and warmth it was to relive our old days. Her entire family remembers me and continues to keep track of my progress. As for me, I think I'm aging really fast. I could not for the life of me, remember any of my friend's family members. But her cousin is picking up stuff for me from Amsterdam! I don't remember him either. After a long long day was fun, frolic, delectable Diwali goodies, I got dropped home.
Late evening, I had a surprise guest who landed up with Son Papdi from Shree Mithai. Now that was awesome.
And I was whining about my Mom spending Diwali in Varanasi while I was supposed to be by myself during the Fest of Lights - dat was supposed to be the plan....

Comments

supernova said…
Oooo... sounds like you had a wonderful time! Nice nice!
AquaM said…
yep:D couldn't hav bin better!

Popular Posts