Celebrating my Baby Brother's Bdy

My brother is not exactly a baby, but yes, I dote on him. His birthday fell on the 24th August, Friday. I managed to give him a quick call to wish him before I rushed out of the house to catch my bus. Added to my morning woes, the weather was looking gloomier than ever. My bro was sleeping and I shook him up with my call. He is in the Lion City, 3 hrs by flight is all it takes to reach him. But we know its not as easy as it sounds (d-uh!).
He was here in good old Chennai on a visit and since he was only spending a few days with us, I decided to give him an early birthday surprise, which I had ket a secret until his last day of stay with us. The unfortunate bit was being unable to see him during the weekdays. He was out with friends late night and slept through the morning. I was up early and hit the sack early. So for almost two days, we did not see each other, eventhough we shared the same space!! I suppose he must have felt bad that I was not there. I felt horrrible.

So when the weekend came, I made sure I pampered my brother as much as possible. The best way to your brother's heart is always through his stomach. Since he was in the mood for some spicy fritters, I made a corn batter with lots of spices and deep fried it until it turned a golden brown. To spice it up, I served the fritters with chilli sauce. Lip-smacking eh!!
Later on Sunday, I went out in the evening and got him a cell pouch and a plum cake. Bought some candles to add to the evening and sneaked the package into the house. I had everythign setup and only had to wait for my brother to show up. He was bsy visiting folks on his last day here.

As soon as he came in, I ordered him to close his eyes and then switched off all the lights. I walked in with the cake and candles and surprised the hell out of him. It was plesant and memorable and he loved it! What a birthday it turned out to be!!






Comments

Popular Posts