A Career Cut Short: Saturday Series II

From the Showroom I headed for the musical shop to purchase a classical guitar. Dont ask me how, but I managed to flip backwards and fall on my Spanish guitar and broke it. The earlier week, my enthusiasm got the better of me and I decided to practice my lessons sometime when it was close to midnight. But unfortunately, I could not find my guitar book and while I searched high and low to locate the book, I also managed to temporarily kill my fledgling career as a classical guitarist. I could not believe what I had done. I was even more petrified of my brother. But surprisingly, he took it well when I reported the tragedy. So the purhase of a classical guitar became absolutely essential.

I stepped into the store that my teacher had recommended and was completely blown away by what I saw. High ceilings, warm lights and a couple of practicing musicians made the whole atmosphere surreal. The guy who played my guitar before signing it off to me was simply superb. His fingers just flew over the guitar with such ease that it left me with a feeling of awe and embarassment. It was a fantastic experience. I also found out that he was a tutor who also earned his living by working at the shop
.

Comments

supernova said…
Look at the bright side; you got a new guitar!!! :-)
AquaM said…
:) dats for sure!!!

Popular Posts