Classical Guitar

I signed up once again for guitar classes, but this time it is the Classical Guitar. For those of you who are not aware of my earlier stint with the Guitar, here is an update:

My brother is a good guitarist and often, we used to sit together and work on some musical piece at home. Once his work took over his life, the Spanish guitar lay in the corner unused and uncared for. I decided to take up guitar lessons, but for soemtime I could not find a good teacher anywhere. So the guitar still stood in its own place, alone and useless. My brother wanted to take the guitar with him, but everytime, I managed to convince him to leave the spanish guitar at home. I finall found a teacher and all was well for a month. Then the school folded up for a month since the owner had to leave the country. Then that was it. Everything came to an end. The class had split and no one knew when the next sessions were due. And so it remained.


Finally, after searching high and low for another teacher, I tripped upon a guitar school. The lady who runs wthe place with her family is a trained classical guitarist and is also the only Indian to have cleared the Trinity exams. I was clearly told that the school specializes only in Classical Guitar. There is a set syllabus and the student is expected to come prepared for each session. Her father who is my teacher is also her guru. There are only four classes a month and while the fee might be a little on the higher side, I think it is well worth it.


So far, I have learnt one small song and two huge songs, which I will have to perfect before the next class begins. So far the journey has been good and rewarding (I am just three classes old).
Now, I am left wanting for more.


Comments

supernova said…
Aah! Even I've been wanting to learn to play a guitar.... Hopefully, I'll be starting soon! :-)
AquaM said…
yeah, then we can jam!!! what say, girl?
Srivilasica said…
Good! Now we are going somewhere........
AquaM said…
hey sowasssup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my loyal patron!! how art thou?
hey i'm so happy to hear that...good for you girl!
AquaM said…
:))) we shd get together...shd plan a trip to visit u sometime.. sorry the plan has been happening for sometime i know. Shd do sumthing about it.
supernova said…
Oh yes, certainly! That'll be fun!

Popular Posts