The Cell Phone Affair

The mystery of the dysfuncational cell phone ceased to be a mystery, when it was discovered that the owner of the gadget refused to take care of it. It had been assaulted a number of times, had a cracked display and yet it loyally flickered to life whenever a call came through.

The cell phone owner's friends had long since given up on her, but they continue to be enthralled by the antics of the broken mobile. I had been using my brother's cell phones, and the present one, with a cracked display is hard of hearing. So when a call comes through, you are lucky if I can repsond to your questions. Most of the time, I have to switch to the Loudspeaker mode, hear your voice over it and scream into it in reponse. Pretty much works like a walkie-talkie. Sometimes, it is even worse. I have to shut my other ear, shut out the noise and would still not be able to hear a thing.

My cell phone has also been through my boot camp routine, enduring the different weather conditions and the various habitats it has been forced to live in. It continues to live.

Given my Aquarian habit of being absolutely absent minded, I forget that I carry a gadget with me and keep misplacing it often. My circle of fiends, my friends have tried to teach me a good lesson by hiding it hoping that I will come in search of it. But I have managed to surprise them by forgetting my ownership of the cracked cell phone. Now my Hyderabadi friend has refused to call me unless and until I buy a new piece. Good for me, my brother is gifting me a cell phone as my birthday present. But that will not happen immiediately since he is expected home only in June. So the cell phone affair will continue until the big day comes.

Comments

Miss Iyer said…
"Pretty much works like a walkie-talkie" ----> LOL

hope you'll have fun with ur new toy! :)
Bijesh said…
:D

I had a battered phone too for a long time. One of those antique blue-screen BnW works. no problem with hearing though, until it gave up its ghost. now I have a fancy number but miss the simplicity of my phone (may its soul rest in peace)
AquaM said…
Hi Iyer:
Hehe..it has bcome such a prb, this new toy!!! commun is a menace..

Hi Biju
I prefer telephones with their sturdy wires and chords anyday!
;)
supernova said…
hehehe... sorry, I can't help laughing at the picture you've painted of you screaming into the phone and holding your other ear shut, et al! :-)
AquaM said…
lol..:))) yep, it quite hilarious SUpernova! A wicked friend of mine calls me up just so that she can enjoy a good laugh. TO this day, I have never failed her.
burf said…
which one are you planning to accept as a gift?
AquaM said…
Im thinking.....;P what do u suggest?

Popular Posts