Bengalooru beckons

Alright!! I'm off to Bengalooru for the weekend (Doesn't it amaze you at the kind of topics people obsess themselves with?).
I might be catching up with a friend of mine, but that's tentative. Since it is very short stay, I am not sure of my plans, but will surely blog about my weekend stay in my once favourite city.
One of my most memorable visits to Karnataka included a trip to Mysore, Chamundi Hills, Coorg, (where my favourite author R.K.Narayan once lived) and Kushalnagar, which is a Buddhist establishment. Kushalnagar was built under the directions of the Dalai Lama, who had a vision of the palce and then later translated it to reality. The temple is vast and hosts three huge golden Buddhas. It houses the monks and other Tibetians who seek refuge there.
In the dim light of the monastery, I saw a monk quietly saying his prayers. I stood in the background just observing him. The silence was beautiful and soothing.
I will savour the feeling for a lifetime.

Comments

Anonymous said…
check out the coincidence.
am just reading 'the guide' and am enjoying every bit of it.
last week, i'd been to a couple of places near mysore - and in one of the nearby villages (don't recall the name), we got to see a huge tibetan settlement. we were headed to nagarhole, and so didn't bother to stop for too long :(

narayan, i thot, lived in mysore? also coorg?

oh, and have a super weekend! awesome weather there right now, one thing we chennai vaasis miss sorely :)
AquaM said…
wow, Nagarhole. I hope to visit Nagarhole, Vijayangar, Hampi sometime. I also hope to take a tour of Mngalore. India ahs so much to offer, dont you think?

Popular Posts