Back from Bengalooru

The moment I landed in Bangalore, I was welcomed with slogans of 'Kannada Beku' (We want Kannada) by a group of people who had made themselves comfortable under a tree in the complex. No one seemed to care. People carried on with their daily lives as much as the sloganwalas carried on with thiers. Some things never change.
I managed to find my way home much to the amazement of my folks who kept praising me for my abilities. (I was just darned lucky. I knew neither the language nor the way to reach my destination)
Later in the evening, I was off to visit my cousin for the Gruha Pravesham. I caught up with the rest of the troop and with all the formalities attended to, I headed home.
The next day, I decided to catch up with a friend in Jayanagar. My folks went berserk on the thought of leaving me on my own to see my friend. After much tantrums and convincing, they finally let me go. I visited the beautiful Swetambhar Jain Temple and then headed to Raikars, a jewellery shop that my friend frequents. Later, we had some grub and went to the Shopping complex, had ice-cream, bought a scarf, looked through stoles and visited AFJ's book store. The book store is compact and hosts a fine collection of books. I picked up Salman Rushdie's, 'Haroun and The Sea of Stories'. Finally after a tiring walk, plonked ourselves on the Cafe Coffee Day patio.
That was the best part. The photo session at the cafe! AFJ and I clicked away till we wore ourselves out. Later, before I decided to get back home, AFJ and I went to Nilgiris and did a mini-shopping. AFJ was going through a bad time and I was glad I was there at that moment. I was not of any big help, but I guess moral support can do amazing things to a person's psyche.
The weather was amazing. Just chill. It was a perfect weekend getaway with a good friend and family.
My next destination is Shirdi. I am really looking forward to it. I hope the new year ushers in good things for all of us and the world.

Comments

Popular Posts