Off to Ernakulam for the weekend

I'm off to Ernakulam with a friend for a close friend's engagement. I'll be taking the Allepey Express from Chennai, late in the evening. The train reaches Ernakulam sometime at about 9.30am -1 0.00am in the morning. Hopefully, I will be able to explore this beautiful palce, unless ofcourse, my friend has other plans lined up for us.
I will be back, Monday morning, with more updates and pictures (how can I forget?)

Meanwhile, here is some info on Ernakulam:

Place :Ernakulam Area: 2408 sq. km.Population: 27,97,779 (2001 census)
Altitude: Sea level
Ernakulam is located on the coast of the Arabian sea with Kottayam and Alappuzha districts on the south, Idukki on the east and Thrissur on the north. The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi, in Ernakulam, is also known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. With one of the finest natural harbours in the world, this was once a major centre of commerce and trade with the British, Arabs, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch etc.

Comments

Anonymous said…
now that u r not the alcohol kinds, drink lotsa chaay - they make it real well.
and have a great time...jus love that place, and right now, though i am sitting at work, wish i had been there too. *jealous* :)
Anonymous said…
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I also hear that you sit near my old place in EK! (I so miss that place!)

Popular Posts