Another Engagment

Right after my workshop, I headed home, showered and changed into some neat clothes, threw in my purse and digicam and was ready to attend my friend's engagement. I was so tired that I would have loved to back out. But I din't. It was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of event and I decided I would not miss it for anything in the world.

The bride is more like my little sister to me. She couldnt stop thanking me enough for making it for the auspicious occasion. She looked pink and pretty, and I couldn't stop taking her pictures. Suddenly, she was no more the kiddo that I thought she was. She was a mature young woman who knew what she was getting into. A flower had blossomed.

I never realised that my presence had meant so much to her. I almost cried and we hugged each other, not knowing what to say.

Love and friendship go hand in hand.
Like they say, friends are like your houseplants, they need to be nurtured. When you take care of them, the plants become so indispensable to your existence because what you get in return is precious. It needs to be felt with the heart.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
:(

was expecting a reply, only to find my earlier comment deleted :(

did i, i hope not, say something that was unpleasant?

Popular Posts