Happy Tamil New Year ’s Day


Vishu Ashamsagal!

Shubo Nobho Borsho!

I love special occasions like these, that’s also the only time that my mom treats me to some goodies. Atleast, the menu is different from the normal course.

You start the feast by chewing on a little of the Bitter-Sweet Pachadi. It is symbolic of life’s ups and downs and emphasizes that we must enjoy everything, be it bitter, sour or sweet.

Main course: Mango Rice
This is one of my favourite’s in the rice section. Its flavour is enhanced by the fact that the dish makes it bi-annual appearance. Once on the 14th of April and another, whenever my mom feels upto it!

Accompaniment: Urad Dal Vadas or Parupu Vadas.
Crispy fried vadas. You can either have them as an accompaniment, or marinate the vadas in curd and have dahi vadas!

Dessert: Coconut Kheer (Coconut payasam)
You can have the kheer either warm or chilled. It’s simply mindblowing.

The recipes are available on my cuisine blog.

Comments

Y said…
Also Happy baisakhi!
Rita said…
Yayyyyyyyyy! Subho naboborsho, though belated! :D
Guess what, we went to Bayleaf and h-o-g-g-e-d bong food. :D
Heyyy! Happy New Year to you too!
AquaM said…
ALL OF U THANX!
Soumyadip said…
Vishu Ashamsagal!
Soumyadip said…
Regarding your new profile pic - I love orange (or similar tinge) kurtas.
AquaM said…
AFJ, thx re!

Soumyadip, thx for ur wishes.And aabout the orange kurta n my new profile pic, credit goes to AFJ:) who designed it for me.

Drop by whenever u find time.

Popular Posts