For Depressed Bloggers

A couple of days ago, Soumyadip had a bout of the bluey-blues and today it is AFJ. The latter missed her pot of hot coffee and a nice healthy breakfast and ceased to be an earthling thereon.

On the other hand, my day has been great so far (except for that little tiff with my mom early in the morning) and it would not have been possible, but for Wendy. The days that we are both on time, she picks me up from near the petrol bunk at 9.00am sharp (implies 9.15 am).

The bike-ride to work today was simply phenomenal. It had been raining here continously, thanks to another Depression in the Bay! But today, the sky had cleared and the sun was tucked away behind the clouds, a cool breeze soothed my soul and my spirit was soaring. 


My hair was flying the wind and I was just happy. I looked happy and I felt happy too. For a moment, I was tempted to head to the beach (Yeah, my workplace is a couple of feet away from the blue ocean). It is also a lot of fun when you are the pillion rider! Wendy also got me a couple of old numbers to listen to in the morning. 'Raindrops Keep Falling' by O.J.Thomas is a happy number and I had not listened to it in ages. I recommend a strong dosage of O.J for all my depressed blogger pals. Looking forward to a 'Happiness Epidemic'. And take the time to read the lyrics. 

Artist: B.J. Thomas LyricsSong:
Lyrics: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'
So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'
But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me'
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me
[trumpet]
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

Comments

Interesting. I have some funda about serious blog depression not just for missing a cuppa coffee in my new blog:
The Activist in Me
My Ramblings... said…
I am sure you were enjoying the ride on the bike. Did you yell a hearty greeting at any innocent bystander?:P
here`s to happy days always!

(or whenever possible, huh)
Soumyadip said…
Blogging is like a relationship. Need to do something different once in a while to re-ignite the spark.
AquaM said…
AFJ, the timing rocks huh!

Hi Ramblings, no not this time. I was actually a sweetheart, well behaved.

Still FIguring out, yup..Happy Happy days!

Soumyadip, Words truly spoken.

Popular Posts