Can't describe that feeling!

Ever since she returned to her second home after the holidays, Tza Tza has taken to spoiling AFJ and me with Rum Cake and Liquer chocolates. Her mom is a fabulous baker whose concoctions are nothing less than the Food of the Gods.
I was in love with aunty’s Plain Cake that Tza got me last time. The cake was baked at the right temperatiure, and had the perfect crust. A lovely chocolate brown crust; it was not cloyingly sweet; when you bite into this delectable discovery, the crust and softness of the cake stay in your palate, your tongue savouring every moment of this journey. I have fond memories of this event and everytime, I recall this blessed moment, I’m transported back in time.
And now, I am feasting on a Rum Cake, a Christmas special from Tza’a mom. I’m blown away. The whiff of Rum on my face and the rum soaked raisins was just too much for my poor system. I was stoned. This functional physiological unit had been feeding on sprouts and roti for sometime now. The rum did it for me. I let loose my emotions and any trace of a carefully cultivated self-restraint vanished within split seconds. AFJ and I finished the cake within minutes. Suddenly the whole world seemed wonderful and everyone was my friend. I was one happy woman.
And today, it was choclates filled with cognac. God, help me! I died. Almost. Chocolate and cognac And now I want more.

Comments

My Ramblings... said…
Lol! Will get some more tomorrow. :D
You want more??? Somehow that sounds omnious!
Naveen said…
Be under control gals...ha ha :)
Soumyadip said…
Put alcohol in any edible substance and I'm game. As a kid I used to gobble up cherries, packets of them as they used to give me a high.

Popular Posts