Sunday, June 17, 2012

My State of Mind - 2

This Friday was consumed by a lot of work that kept me on my toes and loads of Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow to give it a touch of excitement. 

Eric Clapton is an old love, the charming Slowhand. You can go back and listen to him anytime. There's never a dull moment. 

I looked up Eric Clapton after a friend of mine made me guess one of Eric's famous numbers, Layla over the phone. We sang a few out of tune lyrics as well. Like I said, there is never a dull moment when Eric Clapton is in the frame - after all, he is one of the world's most influential guitarist, ranked second by Rolling Stone's magazine's 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time, and a 17 times Grammy Awards Recipient.


Ah, If I could only have been at the Crossroads Guitar Fest to see the man make his magic.

Eric Clapton: Old Love
Eric Clapton: Bad Love
Eric Clapton: Have You Ever Loved A Woman
Eric Clapton: Pretty Girl
Eric Clapton: Motherless Child
Eric Clapton: Cocaine
Eric Clapton: Badge
Eric Clapton: Pretending
Eric Clapton: Hello, Old Friend
Eric Clapton: All Our Past Times
Eric Clapton: A Whiter Shade of Pale
Eric Clapton: Change The World
Eric Clapton: My Father's Eyes
Eric Clapton: Someone Like You
Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow: Run Baby Run
Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow: Tearing Us Apart
Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow: Little Wing
Eric Clapton: Tears in Heaven
Eric Clapton: Blue Eyes Blue


The classical guitar though is my favorite. I did not pursue it beyond Level 1. 



No comments: