Thursday, March 18, 2010

What a Man!

They pulled the plug at 1.00am this morning. He put on a brave and valiant fight until the spirit decided, no more, and it was time to go. The family was living on hope that their father, her husband will be back and life would once again be back to normal. How many prayers, how many wishes, but death lurked in the background, and fate was stronger. We were cheated.

Balu mama had overseen the construction of so many temples, attended so many pujas, was the first person to be there for someone in their time of need. The Gods decided they wanted him on their side.

Balu mama was such a wonderful man, treated me like his daughter, gave me so much affection. How can I forget those beautiful days at Chamraj at the summer house in the hills with Balu mama and the entire family. I got some of the finest shots, had him sign my friend's birthday gift, it almost seemed like a calling.

He looked peaceful, with his mother's japa maalai around his neck, ash on his forhead, his eyes closed, peaceful, tired, and finally resting. I cannot believe that he is gone.

How many times I would have seen him off to work in the mornings...how many jokes we shared in the living room sofa watching television, sharing comments, his voice resonating throughout the house. I had the privilege of taking his seat in the living room sofa which he would not even give up for anyone. I'll miss his voice, his affection, and his presence.

Forever, until my time comes to join him. Rest in peace Balu mama.

4 comments:

Primitive Lyric said...

My condolences to you and his family. I can see that he will be missed. May the force be with you all.

Nothings Aplenty said...

I'm deeply Sorry...my condolences..

Srivilasica said...

Hugs, Som!

AquaM said...

Thank u all.
AquaM