Sunday, March 01, 2009

Soul Food


I have been collecting Quotes for as long as I can remember. Right through my school days, through college and my working years, I have built a collection, usually a reflection of my state of mind. I have relied on words to get me through tough times, or when I am particularly feeling blue, or maybe when I am reminiscing about past events. So Calvin's Cloud is yet another extension in the blogoshere. Today, after a long time, I have been inspired to post a new set of Soul Food, as I like to call them, borrowed from a collection published in the Times of India on Pg 13.

There is no way to hapiness; happiness is the way
- Buddha
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- ALbert Einstein
What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.
- Antony De Mello
This is the time. This is the place. This is the vastness. Right here is paradise. Always. Always.
- Byron Katie
We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in hte blink of an eye.
- Carlos Castaneda
In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
- Dalai Lama
We change the world bot by what we say or do, but as a consequence of what we have become.
- David R Hawkins
The best path to happiness is learning to change as rapidly as life does.
- Don Miguel Ruiz
We are all more or less ill till we find by self-enquiry our oneness with everyone else.
- Douglas Harding

No comments: