Friday, November 25, 2005

On Boredom

Everyday seems the same. The sun rises. My expectations soar. I believe its a new dawn.
Boredom makes its grand entrance through the main door. It is only a matter of time until this alien chews my soul. Now I am part of the living dead.
The world of the living dead has its own charm. Blank expressionless faces. Folks wandering aimlesslessly. Some catch up on the latest gossip that makes absolutely no sense either to the sender or the receiver.
Yet others make an effort to creatively challenge boredom. They hold on to an electric pole, hoping against hope that the voltage will jolt them out of their trance. The electrical wiring succumbs to the alien.
As I step on to the street, I notice the street dogs curled up in front of the store. The store owner is asleep too. I dart a quick look at my watch, and realise that I can't blame them. Sleep follows a heavy lunch. The sky is clear. Some of the women are gathered outside sharing thier expert comments on the few passers by. Our eyes meet.We both smile in silent understanding. We both had a lot of time to kill.
I notice that the kittens have joined the slumber party. The store owner's shop is nothing short of a menagerie. I have half a mind to join my street pals. The sun is setting. I head home. The alien and me, hand in hand, find our way through all those mindless moments.
Everyday seems the same. The sun rises. My expectations soar. I believe its a new dawn

11 comments:

Nothings aplenty said...

Indeed! *looks goggle eyed*

aquamarine said...

yeah right!!!
;)
AquaM

Rita said...

You found this day...today...to post about boredom? Ahem...it is not the same for us. think of us poor souls who are slogging away :(

My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
After the mad dash yesterday today is exactly the way u have described it. Sighhh...

aquamarine said...

:) I have an incredible sense of timing
AquaM

aquamarine said...

Yep...happens all the time ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AquaM

ashwin sundar said...

Wen I can c the blogs coming at this rate it can mean only 2 things joblessness and boredom well one n the same

aquamarine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aquamarine said...

Seems like u r equally jobless AShwin...u keep visiting the blogsites often.....
AQuaM

. : A : . said...

And another day awaits ...

aquamarine said...

yup, august!! u have no idea how close u r to the truth..
:)
AquaM