Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Day to Remember


Gautam, an avid photographer took these pictures, when the rest of us where taking shelter from the sudden showers that took the city by surprise.


I remember it was a great day. We had to report for work only by around 2.00pm, and I was hoping against hope that it would be a holiday. Life is full of surprises. Later in the afternoon, as I was getting ready for work, it started raining heavily, and around the same time, I was told that we could have the day off. I was thrilled.


When I came to work the next day, my colleague had forwarded these pictures. It turned out that some of the folks had turned up for work quite early and instead of heading home decided to go to the beach. Gautam got some fantastic shots. The rest of the gang were scouting the shorelines.


What better way to kill time!! It felt like good old college days when my friends and I used to take off from college and probably hit the beach or the theatres. These little memories are truly special and life always brings them back to you in one way or another, like the gentle ocean breeze tinged with that salty smell.











3 comments:

Rita said...

Hey AM,
You are right. Life IS full of surprises. Even though we did not go to the beach that day, we had fun. Right?

aquamarine said...

yup rita! The rain din't dampen our spirits one bit! (Pun intended)
AquaM

Known Stranger said...

where is this taken . ? is it fisher man coves ?